Financial cost of the Iraq War
|This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information. Please see thetalk page for more information. (November 2010)|
|It has been suggested that Cost of War be merged into this article or section. (Discuss)|
U.S. war costs
- FY2003 Supplemental: Operation Iraqi Freedom: Passed April 2003; Total $78.5 billion, $54.4 billion Iraq War
- FY2004 Supplemental: Iraq and Afghanistan Ongoing Operations/Reconstruction: Passed November 2003; Total $87.5 billion, $70.6 billion Iraq War
- FY2004 DoD Budget Amendment: $25 Emergency Reserve Fund (Iraq Freedom Fund): Passed July 2004, Total $25 billion, $21.5 billion (estimated) Iraq War
- FY2005 Emergency Supplemental: Operations in the War on Terror; Activities in Afghanistan; Tsunami Relief: Passed April 2005, Total $82 billion, $58 billion (estimated) Iraq War
- FY2006 Department of Defense appropriations: Total $50 billion, $40 billion (estimated) Iraq War.
- FY2006 Emergency Supplemental: Operations Global War on Terror; Activities in Iraq & Afghanistan: Passed February 2006, Total $72.4 billion, $60 billion (estimated) Iraq War
- FY2007 Department of Defense appropriations: $70 billion(estimated) for Iraq War-related costs
- FY2007 Emergency Supplemental (proposed) $100 billion
- FY2008 Bush administration has proposed around $190 billion for the Iraq War and Afghanistan
- FY2009 Obama administration has proposed around $130 billion in additional funding for the Iraq War and Afghanistan.
- FY2011 Obama administration proposes around $159.3 billion for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
Indirect and delayed costs
Long-term health care costs
Military equipment lost
U.K. war costs
- ^ "National Priorities Project - Cost of War"
- ^ Bilmes, Linda J.; Stiglitz, Joseph E. (March 9, 2008). "The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 billion, and Much More". Washington Post. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- ^ Transcript of a March 16, 2003 interview with Vice-President Dick Cheney by NBC'sMeet the Press, from the website for the International Relations Program at Mount Holyoke College
- ^ National Priorities Project | Bringing the Federal Budget Home from the Cost of War website
- ^ "Congressional Reports: Cost of Iraq, Afghanistan since 9/11". zFacts.org. 2006-04-24. Retrieved 2006-08-15.
- ^ Increase In War Funding Sought fromThe Washington Post
- ^ "UPDATE 2-Obama seeks $83.4 billion more in 2009 war funds". Reuters. 2009-04-10.
- ^ Richard Sammon (July 2007). "Iraq War: The Cost in Dollars". Retrieved 2007-07-23.
- ^ "U.S. CBO estimates $2.4 trillion long-term war costs". Reuters. October 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-24.
- ^ a b The three trillion dollar war fromThe Times of London
- ^ "Strapped for money, Army extends cutbacks on spending". USA Today. 2006-07-20. Retrieved 2006-08-15.
- ^ Michael Hirsh (2006-07-21). "End of Days?". Newsweek. Archived from the original on 2006-08-10. Retrieved 2006-08-15.
- ^ Hidden Costs of War: Long-Term Price of Providing Veterans Medical Care Could Reach $660 Billion from the Democracy Now!
- ^ Loren B. Thompson; Lawrence J. Korb, Caroline P. Wadhams. "Army Equipment After Iraq" (PDF). Center for American Progress. Retrieved 2009-08-15.
- ^ Maj Karl C. Rohr (2006-03-21). "The Fog of War". Marine Corps Gazette. Retrieved 2006-08-15.
- ^ Roxana Tiron (January 2006). "Marine Vehicle Upgrades Reflect Combat Demands". National Defense Magazine. Archived from the original on 2006-10-08. Retrieved 2006-08-15.
- ^ "Army’s Iraq, Afghanistan equipment costs triple". MSNBC. 2006-06-27. Retrieved 2006-08-15.
- ^ "U.S. Army Battling To Save Equipment". Tyson, Ann Scott.Washington Post December 5, 2006.
- ^ "The Rising Costs of the Iraq War (March 2006)". IraqAnalysis.org. 2006-03-22. Retrieved 2006-08-15.
- ^ "U.K. Spending on War in Iraq, Afghanistan Rises to $16 Bln (December 2006)". Bloomberg. 2006-12-06. Retrieved 2007-01-22.